A free series of screenings and discussions for the queer community.
Frameline is more than your favorite summertime film festival! Enjoy edgy queer film year-round with the Frameline Encore Screening Series.
Frameline Encore aims to increase accessibility to diverse queer stories, with an emphasis on films and discussions about underrepresented experiences, such as gender variant folks and queer communities of color.
New! Frameline Encore at Oakland's Piedmont Theatre
Starting in 2015 and thanks to the generous support of the National Endowment for the Arts, Frameline Encore is now hosting free screenings in the East Bay!
2015-2016 Season Screenings
- August 13: FACING MIRRORS - Roxie Theatre
- September 10: APPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR + BLACKBIRD (Double Feature!) - Piedmont
- October 22: BIG EDEN: 15th Anniversary Screening - Piedmont
- October 29: BACK ON BOARD: GREG LOUGANIS - Roxie
- November 5: MARGARITA WITH A STRAW - Piedmont
- November 19: STORIES OF OUR LIVES - Piedmont
December 3: THE GIRL KING - Piedmont
The Roxie, which is the oldest and longest continually-running theater in the United States, remains committed to independent, experimental, and non-traditional filmmakers. We're thrilled to host a monthly queer screening series at this vital community hub.
Frameline Encore Screening Series is made possible in part with the generous support of:
Folsom Street Events. (Link NSFW!)